Here’s the Wild Idea
Chris’s Wild Idea: To make a living by writing and talking about surfing and skateboarding. To use humor and positivity to land his dream job, and remain relevant though the ages.
Chris Cote is a professional action sports personality. He got his start as a competitive surfer and skateboarder, became editor of Transworld Surf Magazine, and is now a commentator on the World Surf League, the commentator and host of the Vans Park Series, the editor Encinitas Magazine and the host of his own podcast, the Monday M.A.S.S. He’s also a hilarious and positive guy who can still skateboard and surf with some of the best pros in the business. He not only shares great stories including getting branded by Blink182 and Green Day, hanging out with Andy Irons, his encounter with a sea anenome and the crazy stuff he’s seen at surf and skate competitions; but he also shares about failure, getting sober, how to stay relevant no matter how old you are, and what it really takes to create your own dream job, and how you can do that now.
Listen to this Episode if:
- You surf, skate, snowboard, or love action sports.
- You want to hear a hilarious storyteller.
- You are a Chris Cote fan.
- You want to create your own dream job, or work in action sports.
- 6:30 – How Chris got his start in action sports and made connections.
- 9:40 – What Chris Cote’s job is.
- 11:50 – When Chris got involve with the World Surf League.
- 13:30 – Staying relevant in the industry as he ages.
- 15:50 – Chris is a jack of all trades, and he likes it that way.
- 18:00 – What is a heavy line.
- 18:40 – Chris got branded by Blink 182 and Green Day.
- 24:40 – A dare by Chris’s brother with a sea anemone.
- 27:00 – How to deal with trolls on the Internet.
- 29:45 – Chris’s mantras and rituals.
- 37:20 – How to raise good kids.
- 40:00 – Why Chris decided to be sober.
- 44:40 – Switching from a partier to a reliable person.
- 46:10 – How to go after your wild ideas.
- 50:30 – The crazy things Chris has seen at surf and skate events.
- 52:50 – What to do in an awkward interview.
- 54:00 – Who inspires Chris.
World Surf League
The Monday M.A.S.S. with Chris Cote
Los Cabos Open Surf
Chris Cantore’s show
Vans Park Series
Kut u Up Band
Learn to Surf with Andy Irons
Red Bull Cape Fear Event
Learn how to review the show on iTunes
Awesome book Chris recommends gifting
Connect with Chris
How to Get More WILD IDEAS WORTH LIVING?
Enjoying the Show?
- Please comment below!
- Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TODAY and leave a much-appreciated review in iTunes.