Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or with RSS, and be sure to leave us a review!
Here’s the Wild Idea
Gabby Reece is a woman of many talents. She is a health and fitness expert, a former professional volleyball player, a best-selling author, a model, a TV host, wife to big wave surfer Laird Hamilton, and a mom. She is also the co-founder of XPT (extreme performance training) and founder of HighX Training.
I have looked up to Gabby since I was young, and have even written a few stories about her throughout my career. It was pretty exciting to interview her at her house in Malibu (they have a slackline over their pool), and this conversation is different than many that you usually hear on this show. Instead of asking Gabby about her one wild idea, I ask her for advice on health, nutrition, training, how to have a great relationship, being a female athlete, being a mom, and so much more. She has a huge passion for what she does and an incredibly intuitive sense about her. It makes her an awesome coach and a great person to ask for advice. Enjoy the show!
Listen to this Episode if
- You want to train smarter.
- You want to get motivated.
- You are trying to eat healthier.
- You have ever felt insecure.
- You are trying to raise strong, confident kids.
- You are looking for a healthy and balanced relationship.
- 3:00 – A few biohacking tips from Gabby.
- 8:50 – Why Laird is serious about sleep and how it makes such a huge difference.
- 12:20 – Why your breath is so incredibly important for your training, health, recovery, and so much more.
- 17:30 – What kind of fasting Gabby does.
- 20:30 – The danger of overtraining.
- 22:30 – Why she doesn’t drink much at all.
- 26:00 – Why Gabby likes the sauna.
- 28:00 – Why she doesn’t get super excited about things and just focuses on being herself.
- 30:30 – What projects Gabby is working on right now.
- 32:30 – Gabby’s advice on dealing with insecurities.
- 38:00 – How she teaches her daughters to be confident.
- 42:15 – She has learned a lot from her children.
- 46:10 – Gabby shares what she loves about her husband Laird Hamilton and gives some relationship advice.
- 52:00 – You can have love in your life any way you want.
- 53:30 – Gabby’s thoughts on the #MeToo movement.
- 55:45 – Books and podcasts that Gabby loves.
- 1:00:40 – Gabby has her dream party all the time.
- 1:02:20 – How to live more wildly according to Gabby.
Episodes to listen to
Dr. Rhonda Patrick
Awesome book Gabby recommends gifting
The Oxygen Advantage by Patrick McKeown
Twelve Rules For Life by Jordan Peterson
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
The Work of Byron Katie