Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or with RSS, and be sure to leave us a review!
Here’s the Wild Idea
Kate and Kim’s Wild Idea: To create an athletic company to empower women to cultivate their grit to find their grace. To make women feel good and safe while working out. And to create athletic clothes are fashionable and effective.
Kimberly Caccavo and Kate Nowlan are the founders of activewear brand GRACEDBYGRIT. They started this business from scratch, and it has now become a successful company with a team of rocking women at the helm. They believe in a business with a mission, and are passionate about teaming up with causes they care about to raise both funds and awareness. It’s an inspiring conversation about starting a company, building an awesome team, and creating an exciting culture.
Listen To This Episode If:
- You’ve ever thought about starting your own company
- You’re passionate about women led businesses
- You are an active, athletic, fashionable woman
- Giving back is important to you
- 2:20 – What was missing from women’s athletic apparel.
- 4:00 – Why women’s safety is so important to GracedByGrit.
- 4:50 – What can be learned from gritty moments.
- 5:45 – Exercising as a way to help get out of hard moments.
- 8:20 – How customers are touched by GracedByGrit.
- 10:10 – The challenges of starting a company.
- 12:35 – Why women have a hard time asking for money.
- 13:30 – Why Kate did a lot of pushups in their fundraising days.
- 13:50 – How to identify your ideal investor.
- 16:50 – The reward of having a women-only company.
- 18:55 – Advice for their younger selves.
- 22:40 – Kate and Kimberly’s go to exercises.
- 24:00 – How to start a successful company.
- 26:30 – What makes a great employee.
- 28:40 – Why it’s important to give back.
- 30:20 – How Kimberly and Kate are helping girls cultivate their grit.
GracedByGrit’s Cycling Kit
Gracedbygrit.com — enter code WildIdeas for 40% off first-time purchase.
Surfdiva.com — WildIdeas for a $10 giftcard with purchase of a lesson.