Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or with RSS, and be sure to leave us a review!
Here’s the Wild Idea
Jen’s Wild Idea: To help people unlock their inner badass, and make the kind of money that allows them to live the life they want.
We’ve done a few shows about how to find the career you love and how to make the money to create the life you want. I get great feedback on them. This is why I’m so excited to have on one of my favorite authors ever, whose books I gift all the time: Jen Sincero.
Jen is the author of You are a Badass and You Are a Badass at Making Money. Her latest book is a guide on how to make more money and teaches you how to release negative views about it. Jen is a free spirit with lots of sass who walks the walk and loves the outdoors. She’s done everything from starting a punk band, to traveling the world, and penning #1 New York Times Bestsellers (multiple times). She also has a no B.S. approach and a great sense of humor that I appreciate, and I think you will too.
In this episode, Jen shares how to live more wildly, how to make more money, how to get out of your own way, and how to get started today. I recommend listening through to the end.
Listen to this Episode if
- You want to make more money.
- You want to work for yourself.
- You are afraid of failure.
- You love Jen Sincero’s books.
- You want to get over fear, self-doubt and perfectionism.
- 2:10 – Why the outdoors is medicine for Jen.
- 4:30 – How to get over self-doubt and fear.
- 5:10 – Why Jen took a big leap when she was broke and hired a coach.
- 6:20 – Putting yourself out there to make money is more fun than living frugally.
- 7:45 – Why it’s worth working on your relationship to money.
- 10:20 – An exercise in Jen’s books about clarifying how you feel about money.
- 12:20 – What has changed in Jen’s life since now that she has money.
- 13:30 – Why Jen doesn’t like the side hustle, and prefers being in charge of how much you make.
- 15:30 – How gratitude retrains your focus.
- 16:50 – How to pick a life coach.
- 18:30 – You have to change your mindset about failure.
- 20:35 – What Jen’s writing process is like.
- 23:40 – How to get over your hangups and always looking for the next thing that will make you happy.
- 24:30 – Go do the thing that is scaring you. Now.
- 26:30 – How Jen once locked some goats in a house.
- 29:30 – Jen’s dream party sounds so fun.
- 30:45 – Why it sucks that social media pulls you out of the present.
- 32:20 – You should go to Iceland.